Want have some writer fun? I am plotting a fabulous new paranormal romance and thought I’d reach out for some great ideas. In the story, the hero has less than two weeks to get the heroine, an Amazon warrior, to fall in love with him. He’s going to seduce her with romance. What do you think? How do you like to be romanced? What works with you every time?
Here are some of my thoughts on how he might do it.
- A sports competition of some sort (they are both warriors so that competitive thing works well to jack up the adrenaline)
- Mutual massages with scented oils, warm stones and towels, and …(other suggestions)..?
- An evening horseback ride and a picnic under the stars
- A game of truth or dare (just think of those possibilities)
- A romantic dinner of course but what details really make your heart sing and your body clench up..?
- A perfect first kiss.
- Some type of community project, sharing the warmth of giving and exposing the soft underbelly of the warrior
- Baking/cooking some romantic food and then feeding each other
- Some type of art project (anyone out there remember the scene with the potter’s wheel in Ghost). What other art can be made sexy and seductive if done together?
- Something in water–shower, waterfall, even a pool. Something about all that dripping? Any great thoughts?
- As the characters are two warriors, maybe watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy or back to back Bruce Lee movies
- Designing personal scavenger hunts for each other around each others’ house to get to know each other
I’d love to hear from you? What do you think of these and what else can I add? What is the most romantic date or act you could think of that might get you to fall for a guy? What can you just not turn down, and makes your heart all aflutter? If I use your idea, I promise to put your name in the acknowledgements. So come on by and share.
Thanks for jumping in.